TOGGLE SIDEBAR
searchmemberssite shopbankcboxdiscord
ABOUT

Welcome to Deep in the Meadow, a literate semi-AU Warrior cats roleplay site with a 200 word minimum. DitM features a sandbox play style, a stat system for character development, staff-run NPC accounts for events and encounters, and an overarching political landscape to help structure characters and interactions. Territories are refreshed, but will remain familiar to Warriors RPers. Play as a member of the four Clans or as a Clanless cat - and enjoy!

SITE NEWS

UPDATES - 01/23/18 Site gathering is up here. Please do not post until the leader of your cats clan has. Leaders have the right to deny a cat access to the gathering and will let those who cannot attend know. The gathering can count as one of your active threads for the activity check.

UPDATES - 01/19/18 An activity check is up here. It will run until Tuesday the 30th of January.

UPDATES - 01/17/18 In light of our near every-clan-wide ban/discouragement on apprentices staff wanted to address a few matters. We all know and can relate to the fact that training threads can get boring quickly, but we want to remind users that they don’t need to be the same old things over and over and over again; training threads can be fun, and the concepts that apply to being a warrior can be presented in fun and new ways. Linked are some threads that staff have themselves participated in that demonstrate a wide variety of different directions to tackle training threads from that range from puzzle solving, critical thinking, assassination attempts, games, and even role playing (patrols and the like can count as training threads too). 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. If you want to request a flash event you can ask a staff member or purchase one in the shop, and if you need help brainstorming ideas ask on our discord—we’re a collection of creative folk and we can certainly help one another out. In keeping training threads interesting and fun we hope to get more people signing up to do mentor.

In the same stroke we staff have also noticed a trend in that some sign their apprentices up for mentors, ask for training threads, but then never respond to them (or take months), and in the end end up purchasing apprentice passes for their apprentices to get their names on time. Going forward staff will request you skip signing up for a mentor (you can npc one instead) and just purchase the apprentice pass to save desperately needed mentors for those who will participate and complete training threads so we aren’t wasting mentors/time.

UPDATES - 01/16/18 Starvation Notices have officially gone out in ThunderClan. To prevent more, and to prevent those who have received them from worsening, get your cats out in patrols and hunting! WindClan, not far behind ThunderClan, is officially on notice of starvation, too. Don't be like ThunderClan and put off hunting threads until it's too late.

UPDATES - 01/10/18 Staff has made a slight rule change. You can find this change noted on Rule #17 on the rule sheet, and explained in more depth on the bio guide (specifically the 'history' post, which is linked in Rule #17). Direct any questions to staff. Please make sure to read this update.

UPDATES - 01/09/18 Update concerning clans and clanless cats claiming and challenging for territory. Read about that here. As our largest clan on site we're officially giving ThunderClan a starvation warning. No one is starving quite yet, but they have rumbling bellies and an empty fresh-kill pile more often than not. Get out hunting, and not just on your own territory, ThunderClan, or risk finding starvation and illness notifications in your PMs ;D

UPDATES - 01/02/18 Happy New Year! We have a lot going on on site in terms of clan meeting and exciting, drama-filled going ons. Three of our clans have meetings up, and while two are further along than the third they are still in need of reactions to either help wrap them up, or to help their leader in making her decision. Give them a look: WC, RC, & SC. Once some of these big plot threads wrap up you can expect our next site gathering to get underway.

UPDATES - 12/27/17 There has been a change in DitM's staffing team as Cheshire has had to step away to tackle that thing we call life. You can read about that here. The staff team wishes Cheshire all the best, and a huge thank you for all they've done for the site! In light of how busy we still are we've promoted Yazsh, who has been helping the staff team already with mod stuff and flash event posts, to a full member of the staff team. Be sure to give the ma warm welcome and have patience with them as they learn the ropes! With Cheshire leaving that means Palefeather's and Graystar's plots are at a stand still, but since they are all sorts of tied up into the future of the site staff will be taking on the roles for at least a short while to keep things moving smoothly. Please direct all those character's plot questions to us. Rest assured we'll be working with Cheshire if we have questions, and the sand box environment, to see these through! Have patience with staff as well as we figure out what threads need to be done and get a handle on how to best play these characters. Thank you!

UPDATES - 12/24/17 A few days later than the set date, all accounts in the inactive category have been deleted. If that's you, you're welcome to rejoin at any time; staff can always pull things from the archives for you if you would like to remake characters. Just be aware that you may need to change names or face claims if they have been used in your absence.

UPDATES - 12/21/17 A happy Winter Solstice! Our season on site has been changed to Leaf-Bare. The staff team wishes happy holidays for those celebrating!

UPDATES - 12/06/17 The activity check is over and the site has been aged! Those members who did not respond or check in with staff have been moved to the inactive category and will be deleted on 12/20. If you were moved to inactive, just message a staff member with links to the items you need replaced and the accounts you need moved. For those of you still with us, please check characters' ages and active threads so you can claim any new stats. Please also check mentors & apprentices in case you have gotten a new mentor/become a mentor! Finally, many of us need to update our bios, at the very least to reflect name, rank, and sometimes Clan changes. If I have to call people out by name I will ;).

UPDATES - 11/29/17 We have an activity check going on! Link is here. Members have until December 5th to post. Please speak to staff if you don't think you'll be able to post by then. We are doing it a bit differently this time around so please be sure to read the post completely.

UPDATES - 11/15/17 A big thank you for all those who took the time to audition and show interest in ShadowClan deputy. After discussion between Rainbow & staff we congratulate Gillyflowerthroat (Mink) on getting the position. As promised if you have questions or desire tips in preparation for our next open high rank position you can send staff a PM or DM.

UPDATES - 11/09/17 New skin! Staff is still making tweaks to this top table potion (the link colors and navigation link colors) and to staff/site tables, but otherwise please let staff know if you still see any lingering green colors. A deadline has been set for ShadowClan deputy: Tuesday Nov. 14th. If you'd like to try out please send your auditions in before then, and if you think you will need more time be sure to let staff know.

UPDATES - 11/04/17 Auditions for ShadowClan deputy are now open. Audition form can be found in our high rank info board and all auditions should be sent to the staff team + Rainbow. A deadline will be set at a later date.

UPDATES - 11/02/17 Katzen has stepped back from the site and her role as ShadowClan's leader to focus on her senior year of college. To fill members in on what happened ICly with Vulturestar Rainbow has helpfully written a small AU you can read here.

CENSUS

TOTALS

Leaf-Bare

Temperatures range from -5 to 27 (f). Breezy & cold. Prey is scarce in most areas.

Add Reply
New Poll

Respect Your Elders, Plumkit and Toadfern
Plumkit
 Posted: Jan 2 2018, 08:57 PM
Group Icon
4 moon Kit
male
he/his
neutral good
sexuality
undecided
relationship status
single
str
end
spd
agl
chr
knw
luck
emp
played by Hoot

so break free from the mold
stop doing just what you're told
Plumkit was bored. Sure, he could play with Currantkit, or one of the other kits in the nursery. But if he was honest with himself he really wanted to play with Peachkit. He and Peach had similar personalities and so were always more than willing to jump into whatever game the other had concocted. He loved Currant, of course, but she was so much quieter than Peach, and he got the sense that she was annoyed by their antics sometimes. None of that mattered, of course, because Peachkit was gone.

What was Plumkit supposed to do? His mother was in hysterics over Peachkit's kitnapping--indeed, it seemed like most of the clan was. The aftermath of the rogue assault wasn't pretty. Plumkit had slept through most of it himself, and awakened after to a state a chaos. The little tom rolled over onto his back and stared at the walls of the nursery upside-down, remembering the all too recent day.

With a sudden movement, he flipped back over on to his belly and stood up. He had it! The perfect plan. He would go and rescue Peachkit himself! He'd be the hero of WindClan, and probably be made a warrior straight away. Wouldn't it be nice not to have to endure six moons of tedious training? Plumkit lashed his tail back and forth, feeling very proud of his brilliant idea. What could go wrong?

A little black nose poked out of the nursery, slowly followed by Plumkit's golden eyes and black-furred face. He looked around to see if the coast was clear, his gaze coming to rest on the camp entrance. If he could just make it without getting caught....

+ tag@TOADFERN
+ noteshuzzah first post with plum :3
BY MITZI

--------------------
BrightpawGoosefurJuniperpawPlumkit

TemplatesTracker
PM
^
TOADFERN
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 12:05 PM
Group Icon
111 moon Elder
female
She/Her
lawful neutral
sexuality
bisexual
relationship status
single
str
end
spd
agl
chr
knw
luck
emp
played by Fallow

forgive & forget? i'm neither jesus nor do i have Alzheimer's
The rogue invasion had devastating effects and her little granddaughter, Peachkit, had been stolen during the chaos. Search parties were sent out but no trace of her was found. Toadfern, however, wasn’t the sort to give up so easily. Her elder status gave her an abundance of free time and she would spend it all if it meant finding her granddaughter. The she-cat was about to go out for another solo search when she noticed her grandson. The tom-kit was certainly up to no good and she was fairly positive that he had a rock for a brain. “Mouse-brained youth these days,” she muttered and then promptly changed her course.

Plumkit was downright suspicious as looked around wildly before inching closer toward the exit of camp. Everyone was keeping a sharp eye out on the nursery and with good reason. If Toadfern had it her way the rogues would have never infiltrated camp in the first place. They should have taken the war straight to their barn but it made no difference now. The she-cat padded forward and, without care, she attempted to directly step onto Plumkit’s tail. It was like a cat pinning a mouse. There was little he could do. “Where are you trying to go with those stumpy legs of yours, hmm, cotton-spore?” The jig was most certainly up and Toadfern wasn’t in the mood to listen to coy words.

notes 233

@hoot
harja
PM
^
Plumkit
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 11:15 PM
Group Icon
4 moon Kit
male
he/his
neutral good
sexuality
undecided
relationship status
single
str
end
spd
agl
chr
knw
luck
emp
played by Hoot

cut off the umbilical
get out into the world
Plumkit had barely made it out of the nursery when the sudden pressure of a paw on his tail startled him, making the fur along his spine stand up instinctively. He turned round as best he could with his tail still pinned, and realized his great-grandmother Toadfern was his captor. After checking the camp once, he'd been so focused on his target, the camp entrance, that he'd forgotten to check twice--and so he hadn't even noticed Toadfern come up behind him, foiling his plan. He'd been caught, and now he'd have to weasel his way out of getting into trouble.

"Gramma Toadfern!" he mewed in what he hoped was an innocent-sounding voice. He layered in a purr for good measure, hoping the fur along his spine would relax sooner rather than later. He was glad to see her, but now he couldn't sneak off to look for Peachkit, and that part disappointed him. "I'm wasn't going anywhere! Promise!" He tugged at his tail, attempting to remove it from underneath Toadfern's paw. Then, the second part of what she had said hit him. "Hey! My legs are NOT stumpy!" He scowled at her, forgetting for a moment that she'd just caught him on the brink of rule-breaking.

+ tag@TOADFERN
+ notesNOTES GO HERE
BY MITZI

--------------------

TemplatesTracker
PM
^
TOADFERN
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 02:23 PM
Group Icon
111 moon Elder
female
She/Her
lawful neutral
sexuality
bisexual
relationship status
single
str
end
spd
agl
chr
knw
luck
emp
played by Fallow

Kits were masters of melting hearts but Toadfern wasn’t so easily persuaded. “Hmph, you’re acting jumpier than a hare and that obnoxious purring won’t save you,” she huffed. Plumkit tried to appeal to her but she knew that he had been up to something. However, as the kit continued to tug, she finally let go of his tail and settled back on her haunches. She quirked a brow at him as he insisted that he wasn’t going anywhere. Toadfern was fairly certain that he was attempting to take matters into his own paws and find his sister himself. “If you’re thinking about stepping one paw out of camp I’ll have Graystar hold you back a moon while Currantkit gets her name.” Her face was serious but it wasn’t likely that she had any amount of pull over their leader. Still, her grandson certainly didn’t know that.

“Oh, they’re stumpy alright. Can you even run or do you just waddle about?” A smirk tugged at her maw. Why did riling kits up give her satisfaction? “’Course, when you’re older, you’ll grow into them but that’s only if you follow specific rules. Otherwise you’ll be stuck like this and if that happens… well, I don’t know if Graystar will ever make you a warrior let alone an apprentice…” Toadfern goaded and watched Plumkit’s face closely. She always did enjoy spending time with kits.

notes 231

@hoot
harja
PM
^
Plumkit
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 10:59 PM
Group Icon
4 moon Kit
male
he/his
neutral good
sexuality
undecided
relationship status
single
str
end
spd
agl
chr
knw
luck
emp
played by Hoot

cut off the umbilical
get out into the world
Plumkit seemed to deflate at Toadfern's words. Is my purring really obnoxious? he wondered, letting his rattle peter out to silence. He didn't have long to dwell on this, because the next thing he knew he tumbled over himself completely. Without realizing it, he'd been leaning all his body weight away from Toadfern, trying to tug loose, when she'd released her paw. He landed with a muffled oof in a roundish pile about a tail-length away from the elder. He took in her threat upside down, and his owlish eyes grew even wider than normal.

"Currantkit become a 'paw before me!!" he burst out indignantly. "Gramma Toadfern, you wouldn't... would you?" He flipped over and looked imploringly up at the tabby she-cat. Forgetting that he was trying to be discreet, he blabbed on. "I have to get my name on time, 'cuz I have to go out and rescue Peachkit!" The tomkit cut himself off abruptly, realizing what he'd said. He looked up at Toadfern, wondering how she'd react. Maybe she really would get Graystar to hold him back. And then he'd never see Peachkit again. Plumkit had to resist the urge to cry, but he could feel his eyes beginning to well up dangerously.

"I don't waddle! And I do too know how to run!" he shot back with a sniff, trying to change the subject and distract himself at the same time. "I'll prove it to you. I will!" The black tom used his tiny little claws to scrape a line in the snow in front of him and Toadfern. "Race me!" he challenged, looking up at his great-grandmother with no longer tears, but fire in his amber eyes. "When I win, Graystar will have to make me an apprentice, you'll see!" He waited for the she-cat's reply, hoping she'd take him up. Even though he was sincere in his challenge, he also thought a race would be great fun.

+ tag@TOADFERN
+ noteshe's a sensitive lil bb
BY MITZI

--------------------

TemplatesTracker
PM
^
TOADFERN
 Posted: Jan 16 2018, 02:34 PM
Group Icon
111 moon Elder
female
She/Her
lawful neutral
sexuality
bisexual
relationship status
single
str
end
spd
agl
chr
knw
luck
emp
played by Fallow

Perhaps Toadfern had been a little too harsh with her grandson but she would sooner be painted as the villain than have him wander about the territory. She settled back on her haunches and eyed the young tom as he picked himself up from his little tumble. Her eyes narrowed when he confessed exactly what he had been up to and she was certainly not pleased. However, she understood how he must have felt. Plumkit was a mere child and his sister had been taken away. Toadfern’s eyes softened and she crouched down so that she was at eye-level with him. “Searching for your sister will only make things worse,” she began. “Your momma is worried and how do you think she would feel if you went missing too? How do you think me and your sister would feel?” The elder paused and let the words sink in before she continued.

“You’re young, Plumkit, and you have your entire life ahead of you. When you become an apprentice—on time with good behavior—you’ll learn how to hunt and provide for your clan mates. You’ll learn how to defend yourself in battle. Once you’ve mastered these skills then you can search for your sister but in the meantime let me handle that, alright?” Toadfern drew herself back up and rolled her eyes when the tom spoke about a race. “You realize you’ll be competing against the best Windclan cat ever, right?” she teased, mirth glimmering in her gaze. “As long as you don’t sulk when I beat you…”

notes 258

@hoot
harja
PM
^
Plumkit
 Posted: Jan 21 2018, 12:19 PM
Group Icon
4 moon Kit
male
he/his
neutral good
sexuality
undecided
relationship status
single
str
end
spd
agl
chr
knw
luck
emp
played by Hoot

cut off the umbilical
get out into the world
Plumkit looked at Toadfern with wide eyes as she spoke to him. He knew he wasn't really in trouble, per se, but his insides were still twisting and burning. He missed Peachkit more than he could say, and it made him more scared than he cared to think about. What if I never see her again? he thought to himself. Waiting until he was a warrior to look for her seemed like ages from now, despite Toadfern's promise to look for his sister herself. But if this was how he felt at losing his sister... he certainly didn't want to put his family through that again. Plumkit looked at the ground, feeling the heat from his belly prickle his fur and burn his throat, and against his will, he felt tears well up in his large owlish eyes. But he nodded to show he understood what Toadfern was saying, and that he promised not to get himself lost like Peachkit.

It was a good thing that Toadfern took up his challenge to race, because if he'd dwelt any more on Peachkit, the young tom's emotion would have overpowered him completely. The kit took a shuddering breath that helped steady him, then blinked away the wetness in his eyes and looked up at his great-grandmother with a determined glint in his eyes.

"Pah, yeah right, Gramma! Best cat in WindClan, huh? As if you could beat me!" he shot, his tail whipping back and forth in a playful challenge. He crouched down behind the line he'd scraped in the snow earlier and looked across the camp for a suitable target. "Whoever makes it to the warriors' den first wins!" Plumkit raised his rump in the air in what he thought looked like a fierce pose of readiness. "Ready... set... GO!!!" With that, the little kit took off towards the warriors' den as fast as he could go, his little legs pumping hard and his round face screwed up in determined concentration.

+ tag@TOADFERN
+ notesNOTES GO HERE
BY MITZI

--------------------

TemplatesTracker
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Shattered Alley The Warriors Forest Way of the Clans: AU traditional Warrior Cats Doutaini: Elemental Wolf RP Wild Equines v3

valoria faint pawprints Kaleidoscope

deep in the meadow {warriors} deep in the meadow {warriors} deep in the meadow {warriors} deep in the meadow {warriors} deep in the meadow {warriors} deep in the meadow {warriors} deep in the meadow {warriors} deep in the meadow {warriors} deep in the meadow {warriors}

deep in the meadow {warriors} deep in the meadow {warriors} deep in the meadow {warriors} deep in the meadow {warriors} deep in the meadow {warriors} deep in the meadow {warriors} deep in the meadow {warriors} deep in the meadow {warriors} deep in the meadow {warriors}

skinned by spenny of shine
custom forum structure by Black